May 14, 2008

DeviantArt launches iPhone optimized site

My all time favorite art site has finally launched it's own iPhone optimized site! DeviantArt announced Monday that when you visit it's site on an iPhone, it will redirect you to it's iPhone site.
I took the time to browse the features of the site and it looks like I have a new hobby for when I'm at work. The site is simple to use on the iPhone and looks fantastic! I immediately added the page to my iPhone's homescreen and it popped up as a very nice DeviantArt icon.

For instance, tapping the Menu icon at the top right will cause the Categories menu to cascade down as if you were browsing the desktop site. It's also fast heck! Tapping links that sort the art by time and popularity does not cause the iPhone to reload the page. It just instantly loads the images. Tapping a ppicture reveals a beautifully rendered image that has been automatically adjusted for the iPhone's display. You have full access to your DeviantArt account and can do everything on the iPhone site that you can do on the normal site.

This is a great site and has now become even better for iPhone owners!

0 comments: