May 16, 2008

Life changing dream

So, some of you know that my job is crap and I'm now soo poor that I hardly afford gas to get to work.

The stress of it finally came down on me last night. I couldn't sleep and at about 3:30AM I started crying. I was soo scared I wouldn't be able to support my family and that I would have to declare bankruptcy. I cried myself to sleep for the 1st time since I was a young boy.

My baby woke me up at about 6 to eat. I fed him and put him back to sleep at about 6:30.

I fell back asleep on the living room recliner. I only slept for about an hour but I had a dream.

I dreamed that I was being interviewed at a business. I knew WHERE it was but I didn't know what business it was.

When I woke up at 8 I told my wife about my dream and she said, "that would be wonderful"

Well, she went off to work at the day-care and I couldn't go back to sleep. I decided that I would get dressed and visit the actual place I dreamed about. It was a strip mall near a Super Wal-Mart that has just opened last month. Now in my dream I didn't know what business it was so I decided to go to each store asking if they were hiring.

I first walked into the sports store knowing that I couldn't have been dreaming of the nail salon or the Cato. The sports store wasn't hiring.

Next, I walked into the Cash Store (Payday advances/Title loans) and asked. He said they were hiring a manager and an assistant manager. I asked for an application and applied for the manager position.

As SOON as I was done filling out the application the area supervisor walked in (coming from Houston) and said he would interview me right then and there!


15 minutes later, I was the sole manager of the store!!!!!!!


This is my 1st full-time job and I had no previous management experience. I just dressed sharp and spoke clearly. They are starting me at $30,000/yr with full benefits!

My life has completely flipped around and it was all because of that dream!!!

0 comments: